[G4] Wishing to remove Classic

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Mon Jul 3 07:48:55 PDT 2006

Wayne Wilkin wrote:

> Just trash the System Folder.

> On Jul 3, 2006, at 9:55 AM, Davis Gaffga wrote:
>
>> I recently installed 10.4 on my Quicksilver Mac. Having not used
>> Classic in a long time I am hoping to remove it from my system, how
>> can I do this? Is there some reason I should not?
>>
>> Thank you, Davis..

The question, "Is there some reason I should not?" was not answered.

I have another observation. If you trash Classic's System folder, you will
certainly deactivate Classic from that point on, but all the related files
remain, cluttering up the hard drive...
I suppose if you have a very large hard drive, and you're only using 5% of it
as it is, there's little need for space, and you could just leave it.

Still, it will remain more garbage the user has no need for.

keith whaley