[G4] Re: how to reinstall os9 disk drivers

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Thu Jul 13 07:06:09 PDT 2006

On Jul 13, 2006, at 5:52 AM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 04:10:48 +0200
> From: Till Wimmer <g4-lisz at tonarchiv.ch>
> Subject: [G4] how to reinstall os9 disk drivers
> To: g4 at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a tool which reinstalls the Os9.2.2 disk drivers.

Hello Till:

I am not a UNIX geek.  I know of only two ways to have OS 9 disk
drivers on a hard drive that starts up in OS X.

The preferable way is to check the option to install the OS 9 drivers
when formatting the hard drive prior to installing OS X.  If you use a
restore CD set for the specific machine, your OS 9 System Folder will
go on at the same time.  A second way is to reformat the hard drive
using an OS 9 install CD.  Follow that with installing OS X.  You might
have to use Apple's software downloads to get back up to your 9.2.2 and
10.3.9.

In either case, you would have to back up your data.   You should
safely back up your OS 9 applications and copy them back.  It is
usually best to reinstall your third party OS X applications from their
original media or image files.

Good Luck,

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.