[G4] Rebuilding desktop?

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Sat Jul 22 18:01:21 PDT 2006

Greetings ( + )!( + )

You might want to get yourself a copy of "applejack" and run it once in
a while.
It will do "pre-binding" clean-up your hard disk, runs repair
permissions and a lot of other things.

You run it for "single use" mode therefore it cleans everything as all
that is need for system operation is contained in memory and nothing is
needed from the HD. If you run disk clean-up from multi-user mode it
can not unmount the disk and complete the necessary functions.

You can find "applejack" using dogpile.com

On Jul 21, 2006, at 6:44 PM, mgilman wrote:

> Things have been been pretty weird since downloading VLC to watch dvds
> as told to do so by people on this list. I use Digidesign Pro Tools
> and Propellerheads Reason to record music but have needed to reinstall
> both and still after running all my diagnostics and optimizing I still
> have a problem that my firewire EZQuest drive is suddenly an "invalid
> audio record volume" or something to that effect. I want to try
> rebuilding the desktop but I need to know which are the right keys to
> press on startup?

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC