[G4] Wireless network question

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 15:39:14 PDT 2006

On Jun 22, 2006, at 3:04 PM, David Gilbert wrote:

> After a week of emailing back and forth from the local Belkin
> Support "guru" I have finally managed to obtain an apology and
> confirmation that the Belkin Wireless USB Print server (Part #
> P57122au ? ) will not work with Macs. This is despite the fact that
> the Belkin Network Router will work with a mixed PC/Mac
> environment. He finally asked someone from marketing who confirmed
> it. (Why do I hate tech support so much?). Unless I can find a
> third-party USB  ethernet or wireless print server It looks like I
> am going to have to ditch the Brother printer (even though it works
> fine as a stand alone USB printer with both Macs and PCs).
>
> So, can anyone suggest a third party USB Print server which they
> know works in a PC/Mac environment? It doesn't have to be wireless,
> an ethernet connection would do.

A few minutes of web searching found the following:

D-Link has several which support Macs. IO Gear would be someone else
to check with.

Here's an article on getting a print server which doesn't support
Macs to work: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?
story=20020930060410464

I'm sure a little web searching on your part will find even more.

Phil