[G4] Pioneer wont play burned dvd's

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 18:06:51 PDT 2006

On Jun 22, 2006, at 5:37 PM, James Asherman wrote:

> I think maybe the problem is that he hasn't done the firmware patch
> for his new drive and older OS. Can't play the PC +R's . right ?
> Could maybe Phil throw him the patchburn link ?

mgilman didn't say what type of media he was trying to read or even
what type of file he was trying to play so I gave him the best
generic advice I could. Having the latest firmware is a good idea,
but lacking any other information I just assumed that he could see
the drive and it's contents, but that Quicktime or DVD Player
wouldn't play it.

Patchburn doesn't have anything to do with play back. Quoting from
the FAQ:

	Q: Does PatchBurn 3 give me support for viewing video DVDs?
	A: No, all reading capabilities are enabled in Mac-OS X by default.
	PatchBurn has no influence on that. If your drive does not read
	DVDs or CDs, there must be another hardware problem e.g. wrong
	jumper settings, defective cable or defective drive.

Older DVD drives had various problems with various flavors of write-
able medial, but the DVD110D that mgilman has is only one release old
and certainly reads all current DVD media.

Phil
--
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal
opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it."