[G4] Re: cable vs. DSL modem

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 11 04:59:21 PST 2006

On 11/3/2006 11:32 PM, "Bill Calamita" <list at calamita.com> wrote:

> Really, it comes down to service and price vs. speed, I believe.

Exactly. I have cable and am very pleased with it, but I only discovered it
by accident. I was seeking DSL which involved quotes from 3 main players. I
negotiated best prices for a week. Then only at the end when I was telling
the most expensive option (Telstra Bigpond) that I could not go with them,
their salesperson said 'what about cable?' (Bigpond offers both cable and
DSL in Australia but does not promote the cable very much)

The cable was $20 a month cheaper and faster. I cannot understand why it was
not suggested at the beginning.

Moral of the story is that companies don't always help you with their best
deals unless they are forced to, and sometimes it is difficult knowing what
question to ask. My experience with cable is: If cable is available and
affordable - take it, it is fabulous.

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art