[G4] Epson 870 Photo Stylus. Is it obsolete?

Jamie Pruden m3gunner at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 17 08:22:09 PST 2006

Hi Bill,

I've got the same printer... albeit with the DC option with the card
reader. About 4 years ago, I got a great deal on another 870 and
picked it up because I liked this one so much. I ended up giving it
away last year and now it's living La Vida Loca at a friend's house.
Mine is still plugging away, although it's getting a little less
photo printing since I picked up a 2200 for those larger shots.

I've had EXCELLENT results with only one online ink merchant...
http://www.ink4art.com  I can't recommend them highly enough...
they've had great quality, quick service and great customer service.
I've probably ordered from them about 20 times and on the one
shipment that got messed up, they OVERNIGHTED me a replacement order
on their dime. I've been using their ink for over 3 years and it
works the same as the Epson carts for my dime. And it's about 75%
cheaper as well.

I'm not going to slam the other ink vendors... the only other vendor
I tried was a nightmare. I had to clean the heads at least 3 times to
get the cart working... which burns up about 1/8 of the dang cart. Yuck.

Good luck with your printer.

smiles,
Jamie