[G4] Signatures in Mail

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 23 09:26:39 PST 2006

On 24/3/2006 3:27 AM, "Hector I. Macedo" <hecmac at comcast.net> wrote:

> I hope there is a "Guru" for Mail in the list. I have been trying to
> get  my signature to appear on my emails, but when I try in
> Prefferences, Signatures the box that lets one choose which
> signature  to appear, is grayed out with "none" selected, How  or
> what do I need to do to make it active? I tried erasing and adding
> new sigs. but the grayed area remains that.

Your problem is likely to be that you have not selected or added an account
to put the signatures on It is confusing and not obvious, but attempting to
add signatures for 'all accounts' doesn't work, you need to select an
account and then add signatures for that account. Then when you are
composing only the signatures for the sending account that you are choosing
appear as choices.

It's a bit of a pain the way it is organised because if you have 10 e-mail
accounts and you want all 10 to have a signature that looks lthe same in
every account, you still have to do it 10 times, although if you are like me
I have different signatures for each account. As you add signatures the
'all' box uselessly tells you the total number of signatures.

Heres 3 of them:

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art