[G4] HD formatting question

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Mon Mar 27 19:25:18 PST 2006

What utility do you guys use to format a hard drive? Here's the situation. I
bought a used MDD and one of the drives is a Maxtor 240Gig hard drive, It was
only formatted to under 128Gigs, so I reformatted it to the full 240. However,
when I test it with Norton's or Tech Tool Pro, etc. it comes back with an
error of an "end of file" or "Partition 10. Physical Block Count is Invalid".
I've reformatted with Apples utilities in both 9 and X. I tried Intech's Speed
Tools to format as well. It seems to me that this HD was in an older Mac at one
time with the 128Gig limitation and formatted, and now I can't get it to
format deep enough, if you know what I mean. Am I making any sense? Any suggestions?

STeve