[G4] Backing up hard drive

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Sun Nov 5 15:07:40 PST 2006

Greetings ( + )!( + )

On Nov 5, 2006, at 2:53 PM, J.M.P.Hissel wrote:

> On 05-11-2006 22:21, Robert MacLeay, robertmacleay at mac.com, wrote:
>
>> Assuming it has been in regular use, I would not depend on any five
>> year old
>> hard disk in any computer.  Replace it.
>
> HMM, my 10 yrs old Seagate Cheetah's and Barracuda's in Micronet
> DataDocks
> work still flawlessly!
>
> Jo Hissel

Product Info: Western Digital WD400BB Hard Drive EIDE 40.0GB

* Mean time before failure
* 500,000 hour(s)

That's just a little over 57 Years, I've been in the computer industry
since 1964 and have never had a disk drive failure, just lucky I guess.
The only reason that I've ever replace a drive is because I wanted a
larger drive.

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC