[G4] Panther install question

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Mon Nov 6 05:21:56 PST 2006

On Nov 5, 2006, at 9:26 PM, Ray Clayton wrote:

> I've finally decided to upgrade to OSX—Panther disks on the way.
> But I'm
> wondering if I should anticipate a problem with creating my account.
>
> I bought the G4 used on eBay and although I've only used 9.2.2, it
> already
> had 10.1 installed also. I remember the original owner's name, but, of
> course, I don't know his password. What problems should I anticipate?
> Workaround?
>
> Or will the setup Assistant allow me to create my Administrator
> Account?
>
> Ray

> stuff:

You don't say what your drive set up is. Both systems on same drive
or separate. Of if you have additional drives/partitions.
I'd install Panther on a fresh clean partition or drive and run
Panther from there.
If you must install Panther over 10.1, I believe you can still choose
to install as a new install rather than an update. Only an update
will involve the former user name and password.

Regards,

Wayne Clodfelter
wayne at troutnc.com