[G4] DVR-104 can't read?

Richard Klein rich at richardklein.org
Wed Nov 29 17:39:54 PST 2006

Thanks for all the replies!  That's too bad that the DVR-104 can't
read +R discs, but at least it's not just mine.

For the record, an NEC ND-1100A DVD+RW drive works just fine for
burning +R discs and reading any and all discs I've got, despite
System Profiler saying it's not supported.  My Plextor PX-716A burns
DVD+R, -R, or dual layer discs, and reads anything I throw at it.  I
had to remove a piece of trim from the Plextor's drive door, though,
because it was catching the trap door in my Quicksilver, and it took
a lot of fiddling to figure out how to remove that trim piece.

The NEC and Plextor drives are on loan from a PC, but at least  it's
a temporary solution.

--
Rich