[G4] Help, I think my sawtooth died!

Jay Ruuska jruuska at aol.com
Sun Oct 15 09:22:37 PDT 2006

If you heard some odd chimes (not the "bad ram" very-loud-tones but a more
subtle version like fingernails-on-the-chalkboard), it could be that you
need to re-seat some RAM or a SCSI card.

I was never able to find any documentation on this issue, but my Sawtooth
did this, died like yours, and I rearranged the RAM and took out the SCSI
card. Not sure which one did the trick, but the Sawtooth has been running
smoothly 24/7 ever since.

- Jay