[G4] Tiger - single or family license

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Sun Oct 22 01:24:39 PDT 2006

Carol wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Now that my Sawtooth is working again I am thinking of Tiger.  I would
> want it basically for my MDD, but I do like to have the same OS on both
> computers so that I don't confuse myself too much.
>
> Would I need to buy the family license?  I certainly don't have 5
> computers.
>
> Carol

No. So long as you don't actually use, or sit at both computers at once,
your usage is the same as a "single seat."
The argument is, you're an individual, not two operators or a family, so
why pay for the privilege of more than one person using the same
software at the same time?

Disclaimer: I'm not a Microsoft Attorney, nor do I portray one on TV ;-)
but that seems to follow the philosophy of their usual terms and conditions.

keith whaley