[G4] Target Disk Mode ?

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Tue Sep 19 17:05:35 PDT 2006

Okay, I booted the MDD with the 'T' key pressed and it added the boot drive
to my QS desktop. That's good, and good to know. However, the files (3600 songs
in iTunes and lots of Quicken files) are on two other hard drives in my MDD
which don't show up. I guess I assumed (yeah, I know what that means ;-)), that
all the connected drives would show up. I do have a 2 Gig Jump Drive, a DVD
burner in both machines, so I can and do know how to transfer the files I want.
The reason I wanted to do the Target disk thing is that the MDD wasn't yet
hooked back up to the monitor, printer, etc and it's a pain to do so (crawling
under the desk and such).

So, I'll ask the question I really wanted to know but was afraid to ask. The
MDD in the den is my main computer. The QS is my second computer. I'd like it
to be my wife's main computer. Normally I use the MDD, but the den was too hot
this summer, so I used the QS in the living room. I'd like to access and
transfer files and run programs as well as play iTunes on the QS from the MDD via
my wireless router. I'm tired of having duplicate files on both (or more)
computers. Is that hard to do?

STeve