[G4] MacMini Video...again

Eric Buczynski emaxxx4 at warpmail.net
Tue Apr 24 14:31:02 PDT 2007

What is the final word on Mac Mini and video?  The latest
LowEndMac.com article (http://www.lowendmac.com/mail/07/0424.html)
advises using Mac Minis for video applications and not using older
G4s for the same thing.  I was under the impression that the Mac
Minis used the onboard RAM for video, but to be honest I usually
skipped over most of those postings since I never had a Mac Mini.
The Mac Mini they're referring to is one of the newer Dual-Core Mac
Minis.  Even using onboard video, and going by video card specs,
isn't that only eating up 64 to 128 MB out of 1.5GB or 2GB of RAM?
I'm all for expansion and case customization, but if the Mac Mini
eats my 1.2Ghz G4 for lunch then I'll switch.

Eric Buczynski