[G4] Upgrade to USB 2.0

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 12:24:22 PDT 2007

Hey!

I like that. Saves using one of only three PCI slots
as well. But one question - how does USB 2.0 support
480Mbs through a 400Mbs firewire connection?

BTW to update my G4 connectivity I opted for the
ADAPTEC FireConnect 8300 PCI card which is a 64-bit
card (thus maximising the G4's bus usage) and gives
one FW400 and two FW800 ports. I hook this to my FW800
external back-up drive. Firewire was and still is a
good idea.

John