[G4] G4 freezing

jim carbone dictator at rebargraphics.com
Wed Aug 29 05:49:32 PDT 2007

Hi Rob,

What do you mean by "freeze"? Does the entire system lock up on you,
requiring a restart, or does the mouse pointer just stutter on the
screen at odd times?

If it's the latter, I had this same issue and the fix was as simple
as changing the surface I was using my mouse on. The optical mice can
be very finicky--I had a black mouse pad with a logo on it, and my
pointer hesitated on the screen whenever it went over the logo.
Another mouse works fine on the same pad. Testing another mouse/pad
is a quick way to check.

Thanks,
--jim