[G4] Re: G4 Leaping Leopards

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue Dec 4 10:47:07 PST 2007

On 12/04/07,  chx <chux at aapt.net.au> wrote:

> And?  What's it like? Is Leopard worth the leap for those on 800 mhz
> or less?
>
> On 4 Dec 2007, at 14:03, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
> wrote:
>
>> That is the method I used to install Leopard on a 733MHz G4 and it has
>> worked perfectly from the first day.

As I posted last month:

It runs faster than 10.4.11 on my unsupported G4, 450 MP. FWIW, I used the
technigue at <http://blog.kupferman.net/?p=3> to modify a cloned install disk
on an internal HD and external FWHD.

I beta-tested the cat, so ran it for over a year on the G4 and my mate's 1GHz
17" flat-panel iMac. That and reports from other beta-testers indicated every
incremental build brought some speed increase in one area or another. I still
run 10.4.11 on a daily basis and think stuff loads faster, Safari's snappier,
etc. No other benchmarks, but I've beta-tested Panther, Tiger, and Leopard, so
my experience is what I base my conclusion on.