[G4] Radiolover

Doug Burton mdd867x2 at roadrunner.com
Fri Jan 5 18:03:56 PST 2007

On Jan 5, 2007, at 7:32 PM, Jim Elmore wrote:

> While Audio Hijack works great, what Radio Lover brings is the ability
> to split the stream into songs. However, I never could get it to work
> very accurately, so I gave up and just use Audio Hijack to record an
> hour's worth of music on a regular schedule. That gets a nice
> collection of recorded music for the iPod, especially from Radio
> Paradise, but you don't get any song information.

You are indeed correct Jim, but the way I do is to let it go for a day
and a half or so, then check iTunes to see what has been downloaded.
Then I open Amadeus II and the files of the ones I want to save and
usually the song right before it to get any missing data.  To me it's
much easier than sifting through an hours worth of music at a time.  I
take it you never did have any luck with the settings in Radiolover to
alter how the songs are split?  I never got to try that feature as I
lost my stream before I got the chance to play around much with it.
Have you experimented with the 128AAC streams?  Bill says they are as
good or better than the 192 rate.  I could not get them to work with
VLC at all.

Just a message from Doug...