[G4] how to trash "locked items?"

marla mitchnick mitchnickpictures at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 17:36:47 PST 2007

Hi Y'all-

I backed up everything the other day, and some doubled
stuff ended up in the trash. I really need the space,
but I am getting an  message asking "continue" or
"stop" because the following item is locked.

When I hit continue, it just lists another locked
item, all .pdf files that I do not recogbize, there
seem to be hundreds of them. Perhaps they are
individual mail files (copies of my plists from mail
are in the trash)?

Any suggestions on how to override this, or at least
how to find out which files these are?

Thanks,

Marla