[G4] G4 MAc wont startup

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Thu Jan 11 12:39:22 PST 2007

mytechguy at comcast.net wrote:
> I could b wrong, But it seems you have no operating system or HD in
> the unit. Try booting with os startup disks while holding C

I keep reading this, but it seems to me the real answer is, the usual
startup sequence can't FIND an operating system.
Not that there's none there.

There's a small but quite significant difference!

If the person asking knows how to open the case, eyeball it and see if
there's a HD there! Not rocket science.
 From the outside only, with nothing guiding you, all you know for sure
is, the [what?] ROM [?] can't locate a working System folder.

May or may not be a hard drive inside. So far, no-one really knows.
May or may not be a System folder, but something's wrong with it.

Running a diagnostic would help, seems to me.
If you have the right software, that is.

keith whaley