[G4] Tiger and upgrades

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 17 08:05:21 PDT 2007

On 17-06-2007 15:57, Perry Mitchell, perry.mitchell at gmail.com, wrote:

> My question is whether I can now install Tiger? The OWC site (who sell
> PowerLogix) clearly say compatible with OS 10.4 but the Apple site clearly
> says that OS X is not compatible with processor upgrades!

A friend installed the same PowerLogix in a DA DP533 (because of the faster
busspeed) and runs 10.4.9 flawlessy.
And Apple always says that, especially in case of 3d-party upgrades. They
are so clever to take no responsibility in that case.
IIRC, there has been only one upgrade, supported by Apple, the upgrade of
the Quadra 800 to PM 800!

> Before I lay out the UKP89 (that's about $180!) for the retail version of
> Tiger, I wanted some reassurance from somebody that it would really work?

Lot of money!! The same retail version of MacOS 10.4 will cost here (The
Netherlands) Euro 87 (= US$ 115) incl. tax. Offer is from an official Dutch
Apple retailer (<http://www.chipmunk.nl>).

Jo Hissel