[G4] FW: Daylight Saving Time change Hosed

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Sun Mar 11 16:02:44 PST 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Nice guess Rich, however all that Apple did was copy a patch that was
issued by the University of New Hampshire, and other user groups about
4-5 months ago. I believe that I got my patch from a site somewhere in
Europe about a month ago and just made sure that the Apple update
contained the same information. I did down load the Apple patch because
my software update kept saying that I needed an update.

For OUR Win-Tel brethren, the following patches are also available at:
Windows XP SP2						Apply update, see KB931836 **
Windows XP SP1						Upgrade to SP2 first, then apply update
Windows Server 2003 				Apply update, see KB931836 **
Windows 2000							Update available only under Extended Hotfix Support
**
Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later				None - but updating to 10.4.8 is recommended
Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.4.5				Update to 10.4.8
Mac OS X 10.3.9 and earlier		Install the CIS Mac OS X TimeZone update
Unix/Linux								Check Unix distribution's website for update
Outlook 2007							Run "Time Zone Data Update Tool" **
Outlook 2003, XP, 2000				Run "Time Zone Data Update Tool" **
Entourage 2004						Install Office 2004 Update 11.3.3 **
Other Devices (Blackberry, etc.)	See below, and check manufacturer's
website
http://cis.unh.edu/index.cfm?id=829B4055-D672-CF1C-DB8FCB9351378084

On Mar 11, 2007, at 10:15 AM, Richard Ramsowr wrote:

> Richard and for that matter all of us who read this
> site...
>
> JUST THINK WHAT ARE PC BRETHREN ARE DOING TODAY! I
>
> ACTUALLY SAY A SO CALLED PC EXPERT TELLING THE LOCAL
> TV STATION THAT IF A PERSON'S TIME SOFTWARE WAS HOSED
> DUE TO THE CHANGES THEY WOULD ONLY HAVE TO LIVE WITH
> IT FOR "JUST THREE (3) WEEKSÓ - GIVE OR TAKE A LITTLE!
>

> WOW
>
> BUT THERE WAS NO MENTION MADE OF WHAT GOING TO HAPPEN
> THIS COMING FALL!
>
> BY IN LARGE, I THINK APPLE DID A REALLY FINE JOB OF
> THIS ISSUE - IF ONE CAN EVEN CALL IT A ISSUE!
>
> BILLY GATES AND M$$$$$$$... CAN'T SAY THE SAME!
>
> Rich in Houston
>
> --- Richard Kriss <rmkriss at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Just got it fixed!!!!
>>
>> I ran all of the updates.  The problem was in my
>> Time Zone panel within the
>> Date & Time System Preference. For some reason it
>> was showing my location
>> with CST.  I clicked on it and it changed to DST and
>> everything started
>> working.
>>
>> If your time is hosed, double-check the Time Zone
>> panel for DST
>>
>> 73 Dick AA5VU
>>
>> From: Richard Kriss <rmkriss at sbcglobal.net>
>> Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 07:55:59 -0500
>> To: G4 listserver
>> <g4 at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>> Subject: Daylight Saving Time change Hosed
>>
>> I have a G4 AGP (1GHz) running OSX 10.4.8 that did
>> not get the word on the
>> change to Daylight Savings time.  It was one hour
>> behind all of the house
>> clocks, including the atomic clock that reset
>> itself.  I don't know if the
>> problem is with Mac OSX or the Apple Americas/U.S.
>> (time.apple.co) network
>> clock.  If I check the "Set date & time
>> automatically" option in the Date &
>> Time System Prefs the time goes back one hour.  The
>> only way I can get the
>> correct time to display is to uncheck the option.
>>
>> Anyone else having problems?
>>
>> Dick
>>
>> ------ End of Forwarded Message

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC