[G4] upgrade problem - can't boot to new system

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Tue May 15 10:46:43 PDT 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Margaret, since you have three (3) drives, I would try just
disconnecting the first two (2) drive and try starting up. If that
don't work then you can power-down and reconnect the disconnected
drives.

As to the reinstalling, I tried that about 3 times and it never worked.
If fact it got to a point where the system wouldn't even recognize the
CD/DVD drive so I couldn't even read from the original install disk.

On May 15, 2007, at 10:28 AM, Margaret Krakowiak wrote:

> Thanks for the replies to my problem.
>
> Brian, I was thinking of trying to reinstall, haven't
> done that yet.
>
> And Harry, I was wondering about the drive's location
> maybe affecting things. I'm on a G4 450 DP, gig ethernet.
> The difference is it's not installed on the second drive,
> but the *third*, that I recently installed to make the move
> to X. It's a 250 gig ATA drive (not SATA), and I had to get
> a PCI controller card to be able to see/use all the space.
> (I know someone else was having problems with a SATA drive
> and controller card, on boot getting a question mark.)
>
> And the thing is, this new drive was seen and booted up fine
> in 10.2.8, so I don't know why there should be problems now.
> I'm not sure if I can go backwards, the old archived system can't
> be used to boot, and I don't want to step back anyway if I can help
> it.
>
> margaret

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC