[G4] eMail question...

Peter Birren peter at birrendesign.com
Sat May 19 17:26:58 PDT 2007

On May 19, 2007, at 6:50 PM, Richard Ramsowr wrote:

> I'm looking for a "freeware" fix that will enable me
> to mount photos and other images directly to the body
> of an eMail, as an alternative of attaching them...

Thumbtacks? 8-)

Images have to be attached in some manner, either as typical
attachments or as part of an html-formatted message, much like some e-
newsletters and ads. IOW, you've gotta put 'em in the envelope
somehow to get 'em delivered with the mail. If you want the images in
a specific place, the html thing (with all it's caveats and risks of
not getting through in the way they were sent) is the way to go, and
all it'll cost you is 6 months learning the system.

Safari does a better job (for me) of placing images in the body than
OE5 did but there are a plethora (sheesh, haven't used that word in
years) of email reader programs, including cell/blackberry, so that
you have only minor control how your images will be received and seen.

That said, let's see what others have to say.

- Peter