[G4] Startup chime but no dice!

Daile Engle macguy47 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:07:39 PST 2007

Just acquired my nice dead MDD dual 1.25...  and after a few things
thought I'd bounce it off the list members...
Ok, here goes:
Before powering up, replaced pram battery and reset PMU just for
kicks. Then, after 10 minutes or so, tried to boot up. What I got was
a nice startup chime, fans running at low speed, cpu heats up warm,
Disk drive spins (pretty sure) but nothing on the screen.. nice and
black.. then I shut down and proceeded to R&R all the modules along
with a bit of cleaning. There is 1280mb of ram and I figured since I
got no "beeps" at startup, the processor and ram are ok (i hope) At
this point, I'm leaning towards video card or logic board. what do ya
think? I might also add that tring to do a pram clear (option,
control, pr) I could not get the second chime? Jeff

Jeff & (my wife)Daile Engle
Kamiah, Idaho 83536
macguy47 at gmail.com

PowerMac G5 1.8 Single (wefixmacs build) 3 gb ram,(1) 160gbhd, (1)
400gbhd, APC 1200 ups, canon 8600f scanner, Brother HL1440 printer,
Dell e228wfp monitor