[G4] Upgraded to 10.4.10 and now it won't shut down

JayB FromJay at joimail.com
Wed Oct 3 11:56:22 PDT 2007

Maybe I'm missing something?
I've been running Panther .3.9.   I installed Tiger from DVD, then
updated via the 10.4.10 download from Apple.  What part of that is
unusual?

If you are suggesting the first thing I should do is start from
scratch - format, install clean and re-install all my software and
configurations.....  geez, no thanks.  I was hoping for a bit less
drastic (and maybe less than 12 hrs of work re-installing and
configuring all the apps).  I mean, sure, - that last resort is
ALWAYS available- and if all you are using the machine for is fun and
games- no big.

I'll stand by and see if there might be any less drastic
countermeasures suggested.

~Jay