[G4] Could the problem be a weak power supply?

Richard Klein richspk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 18:58:10 PDT 2007

On 10/16/07, Bruce Ryan Nakamura <galilao at lava.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can a weak power supply in my Powermac G4 MDD cause kernal panics when

It's definitely possible, but the only way to tell for sure is to swap
in a known-good power supply.  Other suspects are the RAM and the
mainboard, but the fact that an install via FireWire worked makes
those less likely.

Where do you live?  I don't have a power supply that I can afford to
get rid of, but I could loan it out for a day or three.  Well, it's a
QuickSilver power supply; we'd have to do a little digging to see if
it'll work with a MDD.

--
Rich