[G4] Firewire issue

Patrick J. Runcie macandlinuxuser at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 09:32:25 PDT 2007

Don't think that Mac's are impervious to virus'.  It's just a matter of
time, as Mac's are now getting more popular, that more virus' will be
written for them.  I am both a heavy Mac & Intel user.  A Mac is a pc, so I
refuse to use that term.  The bottom line is use both an antivirus and anti
spyware program, on an Intel system, and antivirus software on the Mac.
Yes, occasionally Macs do get virus'.  I very, very, very, rarely get a
virus.  I think in 25 years, maybe 5 or 6, and it was for my stupidity,
letting my guard down.  I keep the definitions up to date, and back up from
time to time.  I use both a hardware and software firewall.  Any IM
programs, I have to open a port in order to use them.  I have pop ups
disabled, with the exception of sites I trust.  I also learned, very early,
if you have a wife and or children, at the least, create a separate account,
or ideally, a separate computer.

Format the iPod in whatever PC you use most.  There is software, out there,
that will let you use it in both Mac OS and M$.

Pat