[G4] Quicksilver cpu upgrade

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Mon Sep 17 06:00:15 PDT 2007

I have had problems with the dual 1.8 GHz from Sonnet in my QuickSilver 2002.  They replaced it under a 3-year warranty, but I would suggest staying under that speed.  The first one I received didn't work.  The second one ran for about 18 months.  The replacement for that one didn't work.  I'm awaiting the next replacement...

I have had zero problems with any other processor upgrade from them.  This one seems to run too hot.

Nate

From: "Richard Klein" <richspk at gmail.com>