[G4] Large disks on G4 Gb enet and controller questions

Patrick J. Runcie macandlinuxuser at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 04:12:26 PDT 2007

Your solution is simple.  For the last 2 years I have been using an Acard
AEC6290M SATA adapter with a Western Digital 250gb hard drive, on a 2001
Quicksilver.  Before I even had a chance to run any benchmark tests, when I
turned the computer back on, you could see the difference drastically.  I
was running 2 120gb 7200rpm Western Digital drives, in RAID 0, and it was
still a lot faster.  Here's a link for more information.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816123109

Pat