[G4] Dual 1.25 MDD G4 won't boot OS X. Any ideas?

Harry Freeman gifutiger at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 15:36:46 PST 2008

Greetings Mark ( + )!( + )

I understand that your platform will boot off of the CD/DVD system
test disk so I have to believe that there isn't anything wrong with
the hardware. Well at least most of the hardware.

My first question is have you done any maintenance operations that
could have lead to your problems. And what I'm referring to, is have
you opened the case and moved any of the cables? I had a similar
problem once and it was because the cable to the startup disk had came
off by just opening the case. I have a G4 Sawtooth 1999 version and
when you open the case there is a little strain on the ribbon cable
that connects to the bottom disk.

You might also want to reset Non-Volatile RAM. If you don't know how
please post for help.

Best regards,

Harry
ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?º?ø