[G4] G4 gone loco

Victor Jackson vorpal187 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 07:56:26 PST 2008

I have a Power Mac G4 Graphite, 450 DP (Gigabit). Tiger is installed, and I
have upgraded the hard drive and use Intech SpeedTools ATA Hi-Capacity
Driver software. Recently, I logged into this machine via Apple Remote
Desktop from an iMac on my local network. The login screen showed just fine
but after I logged in, the screen became unviewable. Like a scrambled tv
station. All color and scanlines. I could still open the finder or the apple
menu, just from moving my mouse over the area of the screen I knew they
were, but couldn't go further than that since I couldn't read anything.
I decided to reinstall Tiger to see if that would fix the problem. So I
booted into target disk mode and plugged the firewire into my macbook, also
on my local network. However the macbook doesn't see the disk. I tried
connecting the firewire to a ppc mac mini, and it crashed the mini. I
plugged it into a PowerBook G4 and it saw the drive, but wouldn't let me do
anything with it.

Anyone have any ideas on either of these problems?

Thanks,

Victor