[G4] Sleep or leave running?

Ingrid Mager wolfiebear at coldreams.com
Tue Jan 8 19:08:03 PST 2008

I sleep my compiuter a lot, like over night when I am in the middle
of a lot of online research..., and I run it overnight a lot trying
to make downloads (only have dial-up available out here <gasp>)

Well, the only thing I have to share is that the computer bogs down a
lot when I have had it running too long...cache stuff, I suspect.
Anyway, when I reboot, then everything goes back to normal and runs
spiffy again. So that isn't exactly the answer to your question, but
I just wanted to share my personal experience...has nothign to really
do with what is better form the computer itself.

~Inga