[G4] Much Ado About Harddrives

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Thu Jan 17 09:54:58 PST 2008

Am Jan 17, 2008 um 9:39 AM schrieb Robert C. Buitron:

> Wayne Clodfelter wrote:
>> Thanks to all who responded to my questions regarding HDs and
>> whether to use SATA or ATA externally. I plan to research the
>> suggestions. Most likely I will buy 2 SATA HDs and the PCI card,
>> remove the 2 internal ATA 300 GB HDs connected to my ACard PCI,
>> install the SATAs, and use the ATA HDs as external backups.
>
> Lots of opinions out there, however you gave me excellent info and
> suggestions. I hope with the help of this forum, I can keep my G4
> dual mirror going for another 4 more years. I'll probably buy a new
> machine in a year or so but this one continues to satisfy my needs.
>
> Rob

I for one am trying to keep going on PowerPC as long as possible. I'm
a fan of the RISC philosophy and I find my PPC systems to be very
capable. Never have had a G5, but if I ever find a quad CPU model to
buy and I actually have money, I'll have to pick one up. Shame
applications are coming out Intel-only, such as Heroes of Might &
Magic V. I'm counting on qemu making running Intel apps on PPC
possible - that would be fun.

Eric