[G4] upgrade or buy new mac?

arlen tackett arelsongs at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 16:45:02 PST 2008

Can I turn a single processor machine into a dual processor machine?
my machine: Sawtooth AGP 400 256 ram. that's what it was when I got it, now it's  1.6Gig Processor, 1664 Ram, SATA 80 Gig (on a pci card), and the OS is on a 60 Gig ribbon drive. I run Pro Tools recording software on it and it drops out (sometimes) I've tweaked it and it still drops (sometimes) the error message is 6106 (too much for the CPU basically). it is proven that the old 100 bus can handle the software if there are two processors.
Thanks !
Great Forum!
Arlen