[G4] Wanted: parts for G4 DP500

Amir 'CG' Caspi cepheid at ssl.berkeley.edu
Sun Jul 27 14:31:19 PDT 2008

Hey all,

	I've got a G4 DP500 tower that I currently use as a small media
server, but would like to expand it to do video (and generally make it
more usable anyway).
	I'm specifically looking for more RAM (512MB chips preferred,
256MB chips OK) and a compatible video card (e.g. ATI Radeon 9200, or
anything that can run a 20" widescreen via DVI at 1680x1050, since the
stock Rage128 Pro can do that only over analog).
	I would also be very interested in a SATA card that works in this
machine, if one exists, so that I can build a proper internal RAID storage
array.  (It doesn't have to be a RAID card, just a SATA card, because the
software RAID in OS X is sufficient for me.)

If anyone has any of these items and is looking/willing to get rid of them
for a reasonable price, please let me know.  I'm a graduate student so my
budget is rather tight, but hopefully we can work something out.  I'd
really like to expand this machine to make it a proper server...

If anyone's interested, please let me know.
	Thanks and have a great week, everyone!

						--- Amir