[G4] audio in

Chuck Cooper cooperc at teleport.com
Wed Jun 11 18:15:56 PDT 2008

Here is the Apple support DOC for your question:

iMac (Flat Panel), Power Mac G4 (Digital Audio) and (QuickSilver)+
MDD: Sound Output Ports:

Briefly, the 2.5 mm jack is the audio out specifically configured for
Apple pro speakers. I have a G4 Dual 866 and the Pro speakers, they
are nice but for "BIG" sound I use the headphone output and an
external amplifier/speaker/subwoofer combo.