[G4] Re: Gifted with a G4/500

Christina Samuels casamuels at gmail.com
Fri May 2 09:54:35 PDT 2008

...I've been afraid to reply since my last set of four posts in a row!...

I have been to Goodwill looking for a monitor and keyboard, but all I"m
seeing right now is stuff with PS/2 connectors. And then I figured, even if
this computer doesn't work, it's probably worth it to get a decent monitor
and keyboard anyway; I can always use those items with my Macbook, or if I
want/need a desktop computer later on down the line. So, I'm just trying to
put together enough $$$ for that. Most anything else I need for it (if it
works) I hope to get through eBay or the swap list.

I do hope it's alive! I've stopped fooling around with it, though, for the
moment. It definitely was working when we got my mother a new Mac; it just
wasn't working very well. But it's not like she's done anything to it
besides having it sitting in a corner of the basement for a few (ahem)
years. And hey, I'm already learning; someone suggested in an earlier post
to set up hard drives in a "RAID array" and I had to go look that up. :-) I
don't know if I would need such protection, but now I know what it is, at
least.

Christina