[G4] G4 Quicksilver 2002 Dual 1GHz Upgrade Advice

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 07:32:48 PST 2008

I remember reading somewhere that you really need to double the cpu clock speed to get a significantly noticeable improvement. I would add that (at least for OSX) doubling the number of cpu's also worked for me but you already have that.

The other thing I like is to use fast SCSI hard disks. Not very popular but if you use your "old Mac" for general multi-task productivity then getting apps and data fast makes the machine seem "snappier". I understand that using SCSI also reduces the cpu load compared to the standard disk interface.

John