[G4] G5 question

Tony Sheeley t_sheeley at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 6 09:03:57 PST 2008

Wow!! I was hoping, but didn't really 'expect' to get any G5 answers.  You guys are great.

"If the G5 is like the G4 it uses OpenFirmware"

I wouldn't know anything about this, I'm still fumbling my way around on the G4.  I'll google OpenFirmware and find out.  Thanks.

"Can you bring it into an Apple store and ask them to plug in some RAM for a second just to make sure it works before you spend money?"

I don't know. Can I?  I didn't think any shop would stick they memory etc into a machine with no known state, no warranty.  I'll ask.