[G4] G5 question

Richard Klein richspk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 09:04:19 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Harry Freeman <gifutiger at gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand that if you are coming from the WINTEL world about the high
> failure rate of the boxes that are made to run MicroJunk. However Mac's are
> all made by Apple and have a much lower mortality.

Was that really called for?  In any case, I haven't experienced any
higher failure rates with components made to work with Intel
processors or Windows than with Macs.  Also, Apple designs the Macs,
but I don't think they build them.  I know that Foxconn has made Mac
motherboards in the past, and they also make x86 motherboards that run
Windows and other OSs.

--
Rich