[G4] G4 to LCD monitor

Doug Burton slugg0 at embarqmail.com
Sat Oct 11 16:15:29 PDT 2008

On Oct 11, 2008, at 1:46 PM, kanegrfx at earthlink.net wrote:

> I just installed a LG LCD monitor to my power mac G4, vga to vga on
> the monitor, the image
> is analog and looks lousy, someone mentioned a adapter dvi to vga,
> the G4 appears to have
> dvi connector next to the vga which is currently connected to the
> monitor, any sugestions
> Tom

Just went through the same thing with an upgraded DA (1.6 Ghz CPU, 1
Gb RAM), hooked up to a new Acer 22" widescreen monitor.  While I was
waiting for my new video card (ATI Radeon 9000 Pro), I had it hooked
up via a VGA connection from the ATI Rage 128 Pro which was
originally in this computer.  Display was not too good, visible
jaggies in the picture.  New card arrived in the mail today, hooked
it up with the DVI cable which came with the monitor, image is sharp
and clear now.

Just a message from Doug...