[G4] video card question

Eric Smith eric-s-smith at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 09:02:06 PDT 2008

Hi Margaret,

AGP is waaay faster than PCI. Since your system has an AGP slot,
stick with that. For more information on the differences, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerated_Graphics_Port#Advantages_over_PCI

I have the Radeon 9800 Pro in my G4 Sawtooth. It is a solid,
dependable card. An excellent choice, I would say.

Is there some reason you don't want to upgrade to 10.4.11?
It has lots of bugfixes, plus you can download the latest
security updates.

Eric