[G4] RE: Back to Safari Crashes

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Tue Sep 9 16:55:24 PDT 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 3:13 PM, Steve Jensen wrote:

> Al,
> I think you might be right. I can't find anything else.  Dumb
> Question #492: Where on the install discs does one find Safari's
> installer?

Here's a preview of Pacifist written by Chris Breen of Macworld:

If you'd like to reinstall applications that aren't offered in the
Custom Install screen -- applications in the Utilities folder, for
example -- you can use Charles Srstka's $20 Pacifist. It works this
way: Insert your Mac OS X Installer disc. Download Pacifist and launch
it. In the window that appears click the Open Apple Install Discs
button. A window will appear offering you the single choice to look at
the OSInstall package. Click OK.

Pacifist will churn away for a bit and then you'll see a window titled
OSInstall.mpkg. In this window you can dig down through the hierarchy
of folders to find what you seek or you can enter the name of what
you're after in the Find field and press Return. A drawer appears that
lists the names of matching files. To install an item click the
Install button in the upper-left corner of the window. You'll be
prompted for your administrator's password. Enter it, click OK, and
the item will be installed into its proper location on your Mac's hard
drive.

For more tips and troubleshooting, visit the Mac 911 blog.

Al Poulin