[G4] monitor gone yellow

BSugarberg bsugarberg at core.com
Tue Sep 16 10:25:52 PDT 2008

Margaret Krakowiak wrote:
> This morning in the middle of reading email,
> my monitor suddenly went yellow. It's like a clear
> yellow overlay - anything white is yellow, and it overlays
> other colors, like my blue desktop background is now green.
> I turned the monitor off and on, rebooted, no change.
> It's a ViewSonic monitor, a CRT, not flat panel.
> Does anyone have any ideas on what this means, or
> any way to get my white back? I do a lot of graphics work, so
> even though I can read text ok, obviously I can't do any color
> graphics work with this situation :-(
>
> margaret
==========
Hello,

This problem happens to me sometimes when I accidentally touch the
video cable, or bump the table.  The monitor goes pink, and turning
it on and off, or rebooting, makes no difference.

When this happens, I wiggle the video cable connectors at both the
monitor end of the cable, and the computer end of the cable, and
the colors go back to normal.  Either the connectors are loose or
need to be reseated, or possibly the video cable is going bad.

This is a more likely occurrence, than the monitor going bad.

Bruce