[G4] monitor gone yellow

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 16 13:28:40 PDT 2008

On 16-09-2008 18:33, Margaret Krakowiak, imago at bellsouth.net, wrote:

> This morning in the middle of reading email,
> my monitor suddenly went yellow. It's like a clear
> yellow overlay - anything white is yellow, and it overlays
> other colors, like my blue desktop background is now green.
> I turned the monitor off and on, rebooted, no change.
> It's a ViewSonic monitor, a CRT, not flat panel.
> Does anyone have any ideas on what this means, or
> any way to get my white back? I do a lot of graphics work, so
> even though I can read text ok, obviously I can't do any color
> graphics work with this situation :-(
>
> margaret

Had this with a Sony 20" CRT. Repair would cost Euro 92,- (let's say US$
140,-). In one day I got a, 10 yrs younger, LaCie electron 22 blue III CRT
for Euro 20,- (US$ 30,-) from the Dutch/Belgium branch of
<http://www.secondhandmac.com> , in my case:
<http://www.tweedehandsmac.nl>
Would say: Don't spend any more time (= money also) on a faiking CRT.
Finding (and testing!!) another CRT will be cheaper, easier and faster.

Jo Hissel