[G4] Anyone here???

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 16:13:19 PDT 2008

Well I've recently acquired two (2) 1GHz G4 Xservers! That will keep me in the G4 space for a while.

They are SO noisy that they live in a rack in my cupboard. I have one fitted out with 4 500Gb hard drives which are arranged as a 1Tb Raid 10 array for speed and security :-) The other is doing firewall/NAT, DHPC router duty.

Once I re-route my cable, it will replace the low power, silent, Linksys box that currently does that :-)

Now, is that nuts or what?