[G4] Have I gone too far for a G4?

Thomas Brooks mos125 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 10 17:25:43 PDT 2009

Recently I was able to get a 320GB WD SATA drive and a Macsense SATA/
IDE Combo PCI card for a good price.

I now have the 320GB connected to the internal SATA port and a 250GB
and 160GB ATA HDS's connected to the internal Ultra ATA 133 port on
the card.

Although the 320 MB HD seems to be working fine and <About this Mac>
sees it and the 250GB HD it does not see the 160GB HD on the same
ultra ATA  cable as the 250GB.

There are no jumpers in place on either the 250GB or 160GB.

Before I installed the 250GB internally I was using it in a firewire
enclosure as an external bootable HD.

In the Startup Disk panel of System Preferences only the 320GB disk
shows up.

Before I reinstall the Hard Drives, PCI Card and OS if necessary do
any of you have any ideas?

There is no practical reason for this arrangement--I just like to
tinker.

Tom Brooks

I am running OSX 10.5.6 on a Sawtooth G4 AGP.
1.2 GHz processor upgrade
2GB Ram
430 Watt ATX P/S